SVLARC Regular Meeting Minutes
The meeting was opened at 7:05 pm by Daniel with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Members in Attendance: Doug Iversen, Daniel Wood, Tricia Roth, George Ellison, Ross DeHart, Don Sedam, Pat Arnold, Larry Batts, Shelley Alfieri, Myron Becker
Guest: Scott & Bernice Smith, Juliana with her children, Arthur & Kaylea
Secretary’s Report: (Tricia) – Correction to minutes. Doug moved to accept April minutes, George seconded. All approved.
Treasurer’s Report: (George) – April end balance of $2,063.59. 78.26% are SVL residents. Tricia moved to accept Treasurer’s report, Doug seconded.
Vice President’s Report: (Larry) – Fox Hunt is next Tuesday.
President’s Report: (Daniel) – Happy to see new faces and have 1st dinner meeting. Lots of activities coming up.
Ad in The Breeze – George will follow up with Naomi at SVLHOA. He’ll present the ad our club has agreed upon. He’ll also ask policy regarding food for SVLARC meetings.
Club Members We’ve Lost – Doug proposed a plaque that we could add to as necessary, to be kept with club equipment. Unanimously passed.
Veterans Club Plaque for Ed Grace – Doug spoke with Carol Grace. Several versions were passed around for a vote.
Food for Meetings – George will follow up with SVLHOA. Other groups bring in food.
Mobile Daily Monitoring SVLARC Repeater – George was on radio after March for Babies, but no one else was.
March for Babies – The traffic pattern was a bit of a problem – some of the streets were blocked. Next year, we need to contact organizers in advance to let them know we need elevator access. Event begins @ 9, but race doesn’t begin until 9:30. Having rovers was very helpful, and can make good representative for PR purposes.
Shirts and Accessories – Tabled.
HRO Field Trip – No Ham Jam this year. We could plan our own trip to HRO, in August
Hamnick – We’d like to hold it Saturday, June 1, 10am to 2pm. We’ll check availability and insurance or regulation issues with HOA office. Maintenance sets up everything. Second choice is 2nd weekend in June.
Dinner Gathering for Fireworks Show – Members can just attend as individuals rather.
After School Ham Club – (Larry) He was not able to reach Larry. Shelley has nothing to report.
Murphy Desk – (Myron) – Tabled.
SVLARC Signs Along Parkway – Myron will follow-up on sign size.
SVL Water Conservation Fair / Tabling May 4 – Anyone can come to volunteer. Afterwards there’s a yacht club event on the water. We’ll have the group radio and tri-fold handouts. Bring your radios. Daniel will be there 10 to 2, Tricia from 10 to noon. Members are encouraged to be available on the radio.
Wrightwood Wildfire & Disaster Awareness Day – May 11, 9:30 to 3:30. Earthquake simulator will be there.
SVL Events – There are a lot of events where tabling may not occur, but we could go to as a group, wearing our shirts to let members of the community know we’re here. SVL property owners can attend, and bring 2 guests. Tricia to follow-up on tabling events.
Discussion for the Good of the Order: General Tech Licensing class could be scheduled where the attendees gather and watch a video. 4 members are interested. Would like to schedule before July.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:55 PM